HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Fun Allowed is on hiatus!
Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm by CasualCollision
It is uncertain how long this hiatus will last, and what changes will be made once it ends.

Admittedly, the main reason this hiatus is happening is because I'm running out of ideas as to how I can really involve myself.

The other reason is because, well, I hate seeing this place dead. The vast majority of the hiatus will probably be spent doing things entirely unrelated to Fun Allowed. However, I might look into finding a less restrictive host... eventually.

(Edited due to things)

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» the forum theme always pisses me off
Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:59 am by Vapor

» i'm still a gay loser diaper baby wannabe
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 am by CasualCollision

» Chao Island Simulator Rules
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:40 am by Vapor

» oh no the seasonal themes are back
Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm by eboy

» Oh yea btw calaveras caught fire again
Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm by Gravelord Neto

» for the love of fuck will i've been trying to message you on skype
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm by JmTsHaW

» How does this place still exist I'm scared
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:47 am by CasualCollision

» slipknot
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 am by Gravelord Neto

» Ricky's birthday party is cancelled.
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 am by Tulip

Top posters
CasualCollision

Vapor

dragonslayer oddish

Gravelord Neto

eboy

JmTsHaW

Twilde

Enzo03

BriannaBumblebee

Poll
Do you guys want the music player to still be up?
Yes, even though it causes a few problems.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
No. It causes too many problems, and it's not worth having.
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Share | 

Kingdom Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vapor
Co-Owner

Sand : 493

PostSubject: Kingdom Hearts   Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:19 am

Why haven't I played it sooner? I'm currently playing KH1 and I fell in love with it.

Just, I wish the soundtrack was more memorable besides the opening song. At times I hoped that the Disney characters would sing and dance as if they were in their respective movies, along with maybe the non-Disney characters getting musical parts. I would have melted if Riku sang and danced with the Heartless to his own villainous theme song. The game makes me wish that Disney made a children's movie adaptation of it and of course, made it a musical.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uravae.tumblr.com/
CasualCollision
Admin

Sand : 636

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:51 pm

A pretty good series, though debatably, with way too many prequels. I first played Kingdom Hearts when I was 5 years old. I first saw it at a childhood friend's birthday party, and my brother and I rented it at blockbuster not too long after.

(20:20:45) Skyralie: @ TheMayorOfChaopolis: yOYOYOYO WE GOTTA YIFF IN A BIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://funallowed.free-forum-hosting.com
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 am

I lost the motivation to beat KH1, but I did get really far though. Right now I'm playing Chain of Memories since I know how KH1 ends anyway. I remember CoM in my youth but only remembered pain from the gameplay. All I can say is that's definitely not the case now. Within 5 minutes I was enjoying CoM much more than the first few hours of KH1. I do want to go back and beat KH1 before starting up KH2 though so, yeah.

I want to beat all the other games as well. I'm especially excited for KH:3D if not for KH2. KH:3D featuring characters from TWEWY and I love that game so much. I'm really not looking forward to Birth By Sleep because of it being a PSP title. I would like to be able to own physical copies of each game (I do have a physical copy of CoM, no idea where it is in my house though so currently I'm emulating it); and Birth By Sleep isn't making me want a PSP so. That makes me sad. I'll still emulate it though but that's a downside to me. I'm excited for 358/2 Days as well because of the Organization being a huge focus in it.

Back to top Go down
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:12 am

I'm still playing KH1 and CoM.

I'm excited for the recently announced Kingdom Hearts 2.5.

So, yeah, I'm hoping to get 1.5 soon just to have it, and then getting 2.5 once it's out.

After completing it, I want to get Kingdom Hearts 3D so then I'll be ready for whenever Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 am

I played KH1 a few years ago but never finished it because I'm really bad at finishing games I like too much. I loved the combat, but building gummy ships annoyed the hell out of me. That and they looked kind of ugly. The gummy ship combat wasn't all that interesting either but KH2 greatly improved upon that. I stopped when I had finished Monstro's dungeon (that ugly dungeon that had horribly colored walls. They looked like psychedelic puke for goodness sake) because I wasn't entirely sure what to do. The other problem I had with KH1 was that it didn't always seem to guide the player to where they were supposed to go next after beating a world, which is important when each world has a certain number of stars based on difficulty. Not a huge problem when looking at the rest of the game.

I wouldn't mind playing KH2 though.
Back to top Go down
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:56 pm

I also struggle with finishing games even when they're enjoyable so I understand that quite well. Oh god, yeah, the Gummy Ship segments were very boring and tedious. Monstro wasn't that great to play through, I feel you there. It was a relief to finish it though. It's good that walkthroughs exist for the game, since like you said, it isn't too keen on guiding you.

Update on my progress: I have gotten further in KH1. Right now I'm trying to complete all the requirements necessary to unlock the special ending movie once the game's final obstacle is completed. So that means, I only have one more world to defeat, but before I do so, I'm completing all the side quests first so I get the perfect ending.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:19 am

Good luck with those side quests, one of the bosses is super hard. I was watching Triert trying to beat the aforementioned super hard boss, Kurt Zisa when he was playing KH 1 for the first time a few months ago. Needless to say, it didn't go very well and he lost very quickly. Another point that he had a lot of trouble with was one of the boss battle in the Hades Cup so take caution for that too.

What surprises me most about the KH series was how well it did, despite their usage of Disney characters mixing with Final Fantasy. Even though I don't play the FF series, the thought of having a Disney based game with a more serious tone made me skeptical at first, but in the end, it ended up with a solid, long running fanbase and sold surprisingly well.

Back to top Go down
dragonslayer oddish

Sand : 376

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:35 pm

I actually liked building Gummi Ships, even if flying them was boring.

Tumblr:  PRAISE THE SUN 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsy

Sand : 30

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:01 pm

I could never quite put my finger on why I play the series. The level design and game progression are mediocre and is a constant gripe I have in every installment I've played. Worlds are empty and uninteresting corridors with minimal reasons to explore, and after the first game merely serve as pathways to the next cut scene. The series has aged poorly in this regard. It wouldn't be as bad if the writing was Tales of or Dragon Age caliber, but it's campy, convoluted, and often a headache, and rarely motivates me to continue. What does pull me in seems to be the seamless combat, colorful cast, and heartwarming nostalgia. I'll be grabbing a PS4 after holiday shopping, so I'll be ready to try 3.

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -Various Attractions- :: Gaming-
Jump to: