HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Fun Allowed is on hiatus!
Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm by CasualCollision
It is uncertain how long this hiatus will last, and what changes will be made once it ends.

Admittedly, the main reason this hiatus is happening is because I'm running out of ideas as to how I can really involve myself.

The other reason is because, well, I hate seeing this place dead. The vast majority of the hiatus will probably be spent doing things entirely unrelated to Fun Allowed. However, I might look into finding a less restrictive host... eventually.

(Edited due to things)

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» the forum theme always pisses me off
Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:59 am by Vapor

» i'm still a gay loser diaper baby wannabe
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 am by CasualCollision

» Chao Island Simulator Rules
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:40 am by Vapor

» oh no the seasonal themes are back
Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm by eboy

» Oh yea btw calaveras caught fire again
Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm by Gravelord Neto

» for the love of fuck will i've been trying to message you on skype
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm by JmTsHaW

» How does this place still exist I'm scared
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:47 am by CasualCollision

» slipknot
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 am by Gravelord Neto

» Ricky's birthday party is cancelled.
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 am by Tulip

Top posters
CasualCollision

Vapor

dragonslayer oddish

Gravelord Neto

eboy

JmTsHaW

Twilde

Enzo03

BriannaBumblebee

Poll
Do you guys want the music player to still be up?
Yes, even though it causes a few problems.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
No. It causes too many problems, and it's not worth having.
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Share | 

Animosity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Animosity   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Do I have to stop being an anti-feminist, or do I need to stop being so confrontational around people?
Back to top Go down
dragonslayer oddish

Sand : 376

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:43 am

both

Tumblr:  PRAISE THE SUN 

Last edited by CasualCollision on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Please don't use ad-hominem attacks.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsy

Sand : 30

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 am

Guidelines wrote:
You may address another user or users with criticism, whether it’s about their artwork, behavior, or opinions. However, this does not mean you can issue criticism with ad-hominem attacks.

Dragonslayer oddish, regardless of whether or not you're familiar with this clause, you should know better.  This will be your only reminder as this rule is pretty clear.  We allow criticism, not insults.

Sand : 241

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:27 am

I have no problem with someone being for or against something, but I believe you should stop being confrontational. I've seen it cause several problems before.

CasualCollision
Admin

Sand : 636

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 pm

To be honest, for the longest time, I assume that you enjoyed causing drama and protesting over things arbitrary or otherwise.

If that's not the case, then perhaps by being a bit more... considerate maybe? I don't know.

(20:20:45) Skyralie: @ TheMayorOfChaopolis: yOYOYOYO WE GOTTA YIFF IN A BIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://funallowed.free-forum-hosting.com
Cran

Sand : 27

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 pm

You need to tolerate them, you don't have to agree with them, just tolerate.

Aruesso

Sand : 38

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:22 am

i could start but i wouldn't know when to stop but
hm

being anti-feminism/social justice still is one hell of a step backwards
especially since all you know them as are negative beings and really
it's not true
your bad habit of misunderstanding things as a whole is absolutely agitating and in light of your situation between you and lana it
really absolutely shows that you are blinded
because it's possible to be an SJW/feminist and NOT SUCK? and not be exclusionary of trans and male people
it's possible, and it absolutely sucks there are ""feminists"" who exclude males, trans and non-binary individuals
but not?? everyone?? is like that????
hell, maybe even you could make the difference within those groups, and search for individuals who aren't so outright exclusionary to such a disgusting degree

you also have a bad habit of dwelling on things too much and tbh the whole thing between you and lana probably wouldn't have started if you never bothered to go on her tumblr to begin with

but this is just my ~~opinion~~

(00:28:59) Dr._Roivas: "Did someone say pokemon?" Vic queefed loudly.

yaoi zowie
twitter / tumblr / deviantart
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aruesso.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:06 pm

To make it a bit clearer for future note, I hate the feminism that's made things worse for men and woman. Some people call it tumblr feminism, the way I see it, that kind of "tumblr feminism" has seeped its way out into the real world a lot.

Do I hate the feminism that helped the suffrage of woman, of course not, do I hate the feminism that seeks true equality, I do not. Do I hate that the faces of feminism end up showing themselves to be horribly sexist? Yes, do I hate the feminism that Anita Sarkeesian advocates with her continued lies? Yes, do I hate the feminism that has thrown away logic as a tool of the patriarchy? Yes, do I hate the fact that people don't realize tumblr feminism isn't the only bad feminism in the world? Yes, I do.

Much like so many people refuse to call themselves christians in light of the terrible things the christian church has done, I don't want to call myself a feminist after seeing what it's brought, and has done.
Back to top Go down
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:01 pm

"rather than try to help the group which gets a lot of crap for what is only the bad part of it i prefer to throw the entire group under the bus"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keatonlabs

Sand : 11

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Whether or not your anti-feminist or something, I don't mind. That's your thoughts on it and I can respect that.

I think you should be less confrontational. You kinda get really 'into' the subject of your topic and seem to out of your way to make sure everyone knows your thoughts on it. Even if you have to try to get others to follow in your steps in terms of thought.

Maybe just try to get your opinion out there and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:51 pm

dragonslayer oddish wrote:
"rather than try to help the group which gets a lot of crap for what is only the bad part of it i prefer to throw the entire group under the bus"

You'll find I said nothing along those lines, your exaggeration, misrepresentation, and outright fabrication doesn't make your counter look any more reasonable.

Not to mention the earlier ad-hominem attack, I'm not exactly inclined to take this exaggeration as a reflection of myself. I've found myself in the company of many feminists who actively agree with my views, so I feel that you TITU can try to approach this another way?
Back to top Go down
Aruesso

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Triert wrote:
Do I hate the feminism that helped the suffrage of woman, of course not, do I hate the feminism that seeks true equality, I do not. Do I hate that the faces of feminism end up showing themselves to be horribly sexist? Yes, do I hate the feminism that Anita Sarkeesian advocates with her continued lies? Yes, do I hate the feminism that has thrown away logic as a tool of the patriarchy? Yes, do I hate the fact that people don't realize tumblr feminism isn't the only bad feminism in the world? Yes, I do.
ay i don't care about sarkeesian i don't know anything about her and nor do i care about people who give feminism a bad name because i am capable of ignoring or arguing with them instead of being shameful of the fact i am feminist
they are irrelevant to me because they make people like you think being feminist is bad, and think "anti-feminism" which is extremely discomforting to a lot of people who actually aren't dicks about feminism and actual equality
and sure i'm not exactly "actively" feminist and have trouble countering feminists who are prejudiced and exclusionary because my health doesn't exactly allow me, but i do try to make it clear that shit is not okay because it makes everything harder for people who actually do fight for Actual Equality
idfk

not calling oneself feminist isn't bad, but being "anti-feminist" leaves a /really/ bad taste in my [and many others'] mouths and is likely to make it hard for some people to take you "seriously" or whatever

i'm out

yaoi zowie
Back to top Go down
Aruesso

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:04 pm

okay i'm double-posting, but only to bring attention to something you seem to do as a bad habit, and this thread seems relevant enough for it

triert, you seem to have this trend of taking things that, while is justifiably reported, because i do understand you were hurt, especially with a recent post in The Rainbow Force (which tbh i myself could have handled better, it's been a while since i had to take care of Actual Reports on a forum)

...let me re-do what i was trying to say, you do this thing where you kind of aggravate things even further and render your "victories" null and void, especially with such an unnecessary post (which has now been deleted, but you know what you did) and even more so in a thread you were asked to stop posting in

so, knock it off, because you are getting dangerously close to being banned, and patience really is being worn thin. because, trust me, i don't like having to ban people when they are actually capable of behaving well, but decide not to anyways?

No sun allowed.

ack, how did i hit quote post instead of edit post and accidentally post again like a dunce

yaoi zowie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 pm

At first I posted what I had under the guise of the light hearted nature of the rivalry there is right now. While I may have judged it wrongly, and I reaffirm my intentions now as a direct insult against Mana over her rewarding of Billys unwarranted insult.

Despite this, I'll retain the light hearted nature of the current rivalry and refrain.

So, there's no three strike rule on the forum like there is on CI is there?

In addition, I know how well I'm capable of behaving. But this animosity doesn't seem to end, and I won't stand being thrown out of here while the other side, and a former admin herself continues to humor and condone this behavior.

Back to top Go down
Aruesso

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 pm

how we handle this matter will have to be when more moderators are online to settle this, because while i myself thought it was pretty distasteful, how Mana manages a thread+group she owns is her business
and it might be better to come to a group consensus between mods (i also have severe anxiety with discussion one-on-one so uh, woops)

as for warnings and banning, as far as i know, there is a three-strike rule. exceptions may or may not apply, depending on the situation, i need to review them more thoroughly and receive confirmation from others.

yaoi zowie
Back to top Go down
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Triert, at this point like 90% of my animosity towards you is based on your denouncement of Our Sun, and I'm fairly sure that's why Mana rewarded me as well

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animosity   

Back to top Go down

Animosity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -Various Attractions- :: Casual Talk-
Jump to: