HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Fun Allowed is on hiatus!
Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm by CasualCollision
It is uncertain how long this hiatus will last, and what changes will be made once it ends.

Admittedly, the main reason this hiatus is happening is because I'm running out of ideas as to how I can really involve myself.

The other reason is because, well, I hate seeing this place dead. The vast majority of the hiatus will probably be spent doing things entirely unrelated to Fun Allowed. However, I might look into finding a less restrictive host... eventually.

(Edited due to things)

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» the forum theme always pisses me off
Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:59 am by Vapor

» i'm still a gay loser diaper baby wannabe
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 am by CasualCollision

» Chao Island Simulator Rules
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:40 am by Vapor

» oh no the seasonal themes are back
Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm by eboy

» Oh yea btw calaveras caught fire again
Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm by Gravelord Neto

» for the love of fuck will i've been trying to message you on skype
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm by JmTsHaW

» How does this place still exist I'm scared
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:47 am by CasualCollision

» slipknot
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 am by Gravelord Neto

» Ricky's birthday party is cancelled.
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 am by Tulip

Top posters
CasualCollision

Vapor

dragonslayer oddish

Gravelord Neto

eboy

JmTsHaW

Twilde

Enzo03

BriannaBumblebee

Poll
Do you guys want the music player to still be up?
Yes, even though it causes a few problems.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
No. It causes too many problems, and it's not worth having.
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Share | 

The Rainbow Force!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
JmTsHaW

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:30 am

eboyblue3 wrote:
jmt you win

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eboy

Sand : 186
Location : trying to persuade casualcollision to reopen forums

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 am

give me some purest cobalt

also bonus for user-created material? wow

GLORY AND JOY TO THE ALMIGHTY SPRING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vapor
Co-Owner

Sand : 493

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm

@ JmT: 6/10.

On a related note, here's a recording of former Chao Island user Skyralie singing like a majestic fucking eagle.

- - -

Payment accepted.

JmT, the Masked General of Shaded Grass  

(Color Code: 118000)

- - -

Congratulations! You've reached a Level One Spectrum Achievement! Check the Unlocked Achievement Wall!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Eboy: Payment accepted.

Eboy, the Enshrouded Baron of Purest Cobalt  

(Color Code: 0080FF)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uravae.tumblr.com/
JmTsHaW

Sand : 105

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Mana: 8/10

I claim the shaded rainbow in the name of me

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffery Mewtamer

Sand : 38

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Me thinks a leprechaun must of mistooken the post I wrote this morning for some gold and run off with it.

Anyways, I'll admit that a grid of 2d gradients probably isn't the most appealling way of arranging the 24-bit RGB color space within a single image, though it was by far the simplest arrangement to write code to generate a portable pixel map thereof. I am experimenting with other ways of ordering the individual pixels though. Here is a 12-bit sample of a new order I am trying out and here is the 18-bit version. The RGB triplets are created in the same order, but instead of being written to the output file immediately, I save them to an array, ordering them such that those with the same sum for R+G+B are grouped together. While the previously posted palette was something I did back when I could see and decided to dust off due to it being relevant here, this is something I thought of today, so I have no idea what the result looks like. If any of you can see any sort of pattern in these samples, please let me know. If you want to see the full version, that might take a while as I can't really multi-task on this machine and given how long the 12 and 18 bit version took to produce, the full 24-bit version might take all night.

If we don't already have one, I think we should have a term for the group of colors consisting of a hue and all of "mixed with the shades" variations or a shade along with all of its "touched by a hue" variations. Streak, band, banner, and line are suggestions I will throw into the pot for brainstorming what these groupings should be called.

Also, some humorous videos featuring another group with a Rainbow theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2m0he1oCCU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqf4jmcM2Ak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-KVrQLUet0

n

eboy

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonslayer oddish

Sand : 376

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:07 pm

@Jeffery: 6/10 that show was my childhood

Tumblr:  PRAISE THE SUN 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 pm

@ JmT: You're on the road towards becoming a Deity of Shade, however though you are only at the level of Lumpenproletariat. - 6/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Jeffery: 3/10 for the joke, and 10 points each for the both of the images you linked in your large paragraph as self-created material and rainbow-themed images.

At the moment I think it's best to call the Purest Rainbow and its siblings the Polychrome Rainbows, while the Cosmic Rainbow and its siblings are the Monochrome Rainbows.

Video 1 - 4/10 for humor, and 2/5 for rainbow relation.

Video 2 - 5/10 for humor, and 4/5 for rainbow relation.

Video 3 - 6/10 for humor, and 4/5 for rainbow relation.

Aaaaand, no more points for rainbow related stuff until a full 24 hours has passed since your last post before this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Eboy: 4/10 and 3/5.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Billy: 4/10

Back to top Go down
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 pm

http://tehurn.com/gayweed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gravelord Neto

Sand : 218

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Okay so I'm gonna cash in my freebie maverick to gain the color Black Phantom (#AB1111)

also check out this cool rainbow rose
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookyscarygravelordnito.tumblr.com
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:08 pm

dammit Vince I wanted to get the first Maverick color

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gravelord Neto

Sand : 218

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:16 pm

yeah well i had a coupon so suck on that
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookyscarygravelordnito.tumblr.com
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 pm

what do you play a kingly violin with
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 am

@ Billy: 6/10 for humor and 4/5 for being rainbow related.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Vince: Freebie accepted.

Vince, the Virulent Plague of Black Phantom  

(Color Code: AB1111)

- - -

4/5 for the rose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Billy again: 3/10 for the joke and I guess I'll give 1/5 for it being rainbow related.

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Mewtamer

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14 am

@Mana: I think you might have misread my previous post.

As it stands, the standard colors of the Rainbow force are grouped into sets of 48 colors each. Each of these sets is called a Rainbow. Two of these, the Purest Rainbow and the Cosmic Rainbow consist of colors without alteration, one for hues(Purest) and one for the gray scale(Cosmic). The other polychrome rainbows consist of hues that have been mixed with one of the grays, grouped by which gray was added and how much. The other monochrome rainbows consist of grays mixed with a hue, grouped by which hue was mixed in. Excluding the Purest and Cosmic Rainbows, all members of a rainbow have been altered from their purest/cosmic counterpart in the same way.

However, I also see 48 smaller sets of 16 among the polychrome rainbows and 48 sets of 14 among the monochrome rainbows. For the polychrome rainbow, such a set would include a pure hue along with its shades, tints, and tones from the other polychrome rainbows and for the monochrome rainbows, would consist of a pure gray along with its various touched with hue counterparts.

For example, one such set would include:

Purest Amethyst Brightened Amethyst Tinted Amethyst Paled Amethyst
Powdered Amethyst Faded Amethyst Dusted Amethyst Dulled Amethyst
Toned Amethyst Ashened Amethyst Clouded Amethyst Darkened Amethyst
Decayed Amethyst Shadowed Amethyst Shaded Amethyst Caligned Amethyst

In keeping with the two-part naming convention, these 16 colors might be collectively referred too as "The Amethyst _____" where the blank is filled by a single word name for such sets. My apologies if such a term already exists, but I saw no mention of such among the Rainbow Force's documentation.

While on the subject of Rainbow Force colors, might I inquire as to how much of a specified gray is mixed with a hue for the slightly, partially, and mostly descriptors and how much hue is added to a hue when it is touched? Also, while I understand the choices for which grays to mix with the pure hues and 9 of the hues choosen to mix with the grays(Roy G Biv for the standard rainbow plus Cyan and Magenta being primaries of pigment and secondaries of light not included in Roy G Biv), I am curious as to the reasons behind choosing the remaining hues used to generate the monochrome rainbows. Finally, as it is the only adjective used in naming the Rainbows that I don't know the meaning of, I must ask what Caligned means.

I want to end this post with a funny joke, but can't think of anything, so here's a probably not every funny knock knock joke:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Fixture
Fixture Who?
Fixture door bell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JmTsHaW

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 pm

ricky has a smelly butt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keatonlabs

Sand : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 pm

@ Jeffery: 2/10

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CasualCollision
Admin

Sand : 636

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:31 pm

This will always have a place in my heart.

Also:

(based on this post http://fluffy-tidbits.tumblr.com/post/78164990994/magicmazzic-if-i-had-the-chance-to-race )

(20:20:45) Skyralie: @ TheMayorOfChaopolis: yOYOYOYO WE GOTTA YIFF IN A BIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://funallowed.free-forum-hosting.com
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:35 pm

@ Jeffery: Oh, sorry for misunderstanding you before.

I didn't have an official name before, I would just think of a single hue/shade and its variations as a 'collection' rather than anything fancy sounding. But I guess if I had to give an official term for that now, I would call it a 'Barrage', as in 'the Amethyst Barrage'.

-

Alright so, for the Whitened Rainbows, the Paled Rainbow is 75% white (FFFFFF), then 50%, and 25% added with whatever hue is in question.

The Silvered Rainbows, the Powdered Rainbow is 75% silver (C0C0C0), and it follows the same pattern as the Whitened Rainbows.

Then the Greyed Rainbows use grey (808080), although, I noticed I flaw in the Grey Rainbows the other day and I'm slowly correcting the error. The Rainbows stand as being much, much darker than what they should be. This flaw has gone unnoticed for over two years now.

The Leaded Rainbows use lead (404040).

And finally the Blacked Rainbows use black (000000).

As for the colored Monochrome Rainbows, if I remember right, each rainbow is 35% whatever hue they're based on.

-

It's true that the colored Monochrome Rainbows were originally based on Roy G Biv with added Cyan and Magenta, the reason why the new variations exist is because Orange and Violet are not primary colors whether you look at a color wheel based on paint, ink, or light. So whatever primary colors did not have secondary colors between them, I added them in since Orange and Violet are secondary. Indigo being the oddest color of the bunch for a being a tertiary color, although it still has a place in Roy G Biv.

-

Caligned comes from 'caliginous', however though, asking me this makes me realize that it ought to be spelled as 'caligined' instead so I'll get to fixing that error. Beyond that, the reason why the rainbow is even named that way to begin with is because it's a reference to the webcomic Homestuck, along with the Ashened and Paled rainbows.

The words wereoriginally used as caliginous, ashen, and pale to describe relationships between the troll characters.

But I'm missing the word 'flushed', it being the missing relationship description. Although I could easily use this word in place of 'Purest', I think its name has been set in stone already.

-

Joke gets 2/10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ JmT: 4/10

@ Keaton: 3/10

@ Billy: 4/10

@ Willy: 5 hOnKs out of 10, reminds me of Magic-C Man. 2/5 for rainbows, then 6/10 for smelly Ricky.

In a bit I'm going to post the answers to the word puzzles and such.

Back to top Go down
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Ah yes, the Joy Puzzles were:

A bright and vivid color. It dances with the sunset and sunrise; within fire and lava. A single name, a simple name. What color is this?

Born from metal, yet has no value. No longer shiny and no longer pretty. A single name, a simple name. What color is this?

A gemstone of darkest black, glossy but no fire. A two-part name, maybe a little tricky. What color is this?

And the answers to them are:

RED, worth 10 points.

RUST, worth 10 points.

COSMIC ONYX, worth 15 points.

And the winners are:

For 35 points...

- - - - -

For 25 points...
Jeffery

- - - - -

For 20 points...

- - - - -

For 15 points...
Billy

- - - - -

For 10 points...
Eboy and Vince

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEW JOY PUZZLE, EXPIRES ON SATURDAY, MARCH 8TH AT 2:59 PM EST.

A common name for a lady, may seem a little dated but still carries its class. A single name, a simple name. What color is this?

An object that's close to the sun. Dull, and lifeless. A single name, a simple name. What color is this?

It's lovely on Valentine's Day, but the beauty hardly lasts. Once the life has withered away, you may describe it as a particular word. A two-part name, maybe a little tricky. What color is this?

Ah yes, now to add the weekly bonuses for everyone that posted during the week.

Keep it up guys, even bigger rewards will be given on the 15th of this month. The 15th being the conclusion of the first month of the Rainbow Force.

Now then, sorry that I'm a little slow. All the bonuses for today will be added in just a bit.

EDIT: All bonuses have been added. Enjoy them!

Back to top Go down
CasualCollision
Admin

Sand : 636

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:33 pm

You know what the Rainbow Force needs?
A Mann Vs. Machine TF2 server.
We can pretend the machines are the Monochrome Legion.

Likewise, if the Monochrome legion becomes relatively active, they can be red, and RF can be blue, in a King of the Hill match.

(20:20:45) Skyralie: @ TheMayorOfChaopolis: yOYOYOYO WE GOTTA YIFF IN A BIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://funallowed.free-forum-hosting.com
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Mann(a) VS Machine.

I'd be down for that but I have no idea how to host a server but I think the server up-time would be satisfactory enough considering that I hardly ever have my laptop shut off.

Matches with the Monochrome Legion would be nice, I'll keep this in mind for the future, so bonus points to you.

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Mewtamer

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Submitted my answers for this week's puzzle. Not too surprised with how I did in last week's puzzle. Answering Vermillion for the color of sunsets and lava was the one I was least confident in.

And since I now have enough points, I shall take the next step towards uniting the Amethyst Barrage and lay claim to Shaded Amethyst. And since the Ancient Sage does not desire war, I will gladly pledge my services to the Masked General if he will forgive me this intrusion onto the Shaded Rainbow.

For some humor, here is a limerick:
The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

And for Rainbow related, an uninspired Haiku of my own writing:
red, orange, yellow, green,
blue, indigo, and violet
Colorful Rainbow

And my second rendition of the 24-bit RGB color space might take a while longer. Apparently, my netbook lacks enough memory to store the pixel data before I am ready to write it to disk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:05 pm

twitch plays Pokemon? twitch plays pokemon
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eboy

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:49 am

@ Jeffery: Payment accepted.

Jeffery, the Ancient Sage of Shaded Amethyst  

(Color Code: 310080)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations! You have reached a Level One Hue Achievement! Check the Unlocked Achievement Wall!

- - -

2/10 for humor, and 4/5 for rainbow relation.

@ Billy: 5/10

@ Eboy: Each pic gets 5/5.

Back to top Go down
JmTsHaW

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:35 am

it's ok jeff we can be shaded buddies

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonslayer oddish

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:33 pm

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. I'M ONE POINT SHORT SOMEBODY GIVE ME A JOY POINT BEFORE I FLIP MY SHIT

*ahem* joke time.

what do you call someone who's dumb?
triert

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vapor
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:55 pm

@ JmT: 4/10 for comedy and 5/5 for rainbows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Billy: 6/10

Back to top Go down
eboy

PostSubject: Re: The Rainbow Force!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:21 pm

what do you call stuttering?

manaman

warning nerdy stuff in here: