HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Fun Allowed is on hiatus!
Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm by CasualCollision
It is uncertain how long this hiatus will last, and what changes will be made once it ends.

Admittedly, the main reason this hiatus is happening is because I'm running out of ideas as to how I can really involve myself.

The other reason is because, well, I hate seeing this place dead. The vast majority of the hiatus will probably be spent doing things entirely unrelated to Fun Allowed. However, I might look into finding a less restrictive host... eventually.

(Edited due to things)

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» the forum theme always pisses me off
Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:59 am by Vapor

» i'm still a gay loser diaper baby wannabe
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 am by CasualCollision

» Chao Island Simulator Rules
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:40 am by Vapor

» oh no the seasonal themes are back
Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm by eboy

» Oh yea btw calaveras caught fire again
Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm by Gravelord Neto

» for the love of fuck will i've been trying to message you on skype
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm by JmTsHaW

» How does this place still exist I'm scared
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:47 am by CasualCollision

» slipknot
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 am by Gravelord Neto

» Ricky's birthday party is cancelled.
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 am by Tulip

Top posters
CasualCollision
 
Vapor
 
dragonslayer oddish
 
 
Gravelord Neto
 
eboy
 
JmTsHaW
 
Twilde
 
Enzo03
 
BriannaBumblebee
 
Poll
Do you guys want the music player to still be up?
Yes, even though it causes a few problems.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
No. It causes too many problems, and it's not worth having.
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Share | 
 

 Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vapor
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 457
Sand : 493
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-08-21
Location : hell
Age : 22

PostSubject: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:20 am

Alright so, there are things I'm going to elaborate on, such as the apologies that I owe and my other feelings towards what happened. Hopefully you're already aware of what happened because I'm not going to elaborate on the event itself.

To begin with, I am sorry for those that felt offended by what I participated in. It was not my intention to offend anyone and I do understand why my actions can be taken as such. That, and general disgust, I apologize for.

I am also sorry for those that took it as a personal attack. Even Triert, who made the topic to begin with. I don't speak for the others that participated in it, but it was not my intention to personally attack anyone. Although I did bash on Chao Island member CatLoverMolly due to the spamming username that I created to parody her name. So overall, I am sorry for those that felt targeted but, especially Molly for I did flat out attack her on impulse and general disregard for the feelings of others.

I'm also sorry for those that at the most, felt disappointed in me and my actions.

I think this concludes the apologies that I owe, but if I am missing something, nothing is stopping you from telling me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now there's a certain word that I saw come up during and after the event, kinkshaming.

This word was used to describe the event itself, and I'm sorry to say, I do not agree with how it was used.

Sure, I saw us being called trash, scum, etc, even though I think those words were just a little overboard, I can't say you're wrong for saying such things.

But kinkshaming, not only is that overboard to an even greater extent, but it is incorrect.

Kinkshaming is deliberately making someone or a community feel bad about a sexual fetish that they have.

Emphasis on 'deliberately', consciously making others feel bad because of how negatively you feel towards their fetish.

No one that participated in the event had anything against the furry community or the individuals that identify with it, nor intended on highlighting things about the furry community that may be seen as offensive or disgusting to those outside of it.

However though, I do understand why our actions can be taken offensively by those of the furry community, or those that are adamant about freely expressing sexuality in general.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, for some other acknowledgements.

What I did was wrong.

Immature.

Disgusting.

Offensive.

Stupid.

Irresponsible.

Beyond unnecessary.

And probably a few other things that I cannot think of at the moment as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, since my intention wasn't to cause harm, my intention was that I did it to get an almost objectively bad topic deleted because of how much I hated it with a passion. Enough that it made me avoid CI for a few days but then became disgusted again when I saw that the damn thing didn't die yet.

Extremely shallow yes, very much so.

That's all I intended to do, and much to my displeasure, I didn't get what I wanted.

Which is what I deserve on top of my banishment from CI, along with my demoted status on FUALL, and if you're still not satisfied with all of the punishment I've received, I suggest discussing further punishments with FUALL's admin since nothing else can be done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, after all this, I don't regret doing it.

So that leads me to apologize about not feeling bad enough to regret it.

I have my own reason why I don't regret it, and it would be nice if those reading this could understand it.

Before the event occurred, I hated CI user Skyralie with a passion after we were good friends and even did public shenanigans with a few others on CI which I'm sure most of you have seen one go on at least once or twice. We were pretty close until a fatal error occurred in our friendship. Communication errors continued to happen afterwards which made the situation even worse. What finally did work though, was when I got invited by Skyralie to participate in the furry bomb event. Mutual dislike is the best way into my heart, and shenanigans are absolutely up my alley. I was impressed with Skyralie again, and her being temporarily forced to speak with me due to the event gave us the perfect chance to properly work things out between us. At the end of it, her and I are now on good terms with each other, not kinda close like before, but it feels so much better to not hate her anymore and to talk again. It's liberating, and maybe if this plan never came to be, we wouldn't have made up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In short, I'm sorry for what I did, acknowledge that what I did was wrong along with other negative things, I disagree with it being called kinkshaming, but I don't regret it.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uravae.tumblr.com/




Posts : 229
Sand : 241
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-09-06
Age : 2016

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:40 pm

even though i wasn't there personally to see it happen, i still think you apologizing was the best thing to do. at least you knew what you did was wrong and you took it within yourself to make amends. idt others will aceept the apology but you did all u could.

_________________
thank mr skeltal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsy
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 28
Sand : 30
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-11-23
Location : On Wheels
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:33 pm

As far as I'm concerned, this cased is closed, but if anyone has anything to say to Mana or about this issue, please keep it civilized and follow VILEplume's example.

_________________


Last edited by Bats on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 pm



Quaint isn't it? The three of you pull off something so outrageous that it results in a triple banning, yet people find the ability to forgive you three.

Mana wrote:
Mutual dislike is the best way into my heart, and shenanigans are absolutely up my alley. I was impressed with Skyralie again, and her being temporarily forced to speak with me due to the event gave us the perfect chance to properly work things out between us.
Mana wrote:
So, since my intention wasn't to cause harm, my intention was that I did it to get an almost objectively bad topic deleted because of how much I hated it with a passion.

No matter how many times I have to read over these quotes. It doesn't make this quote seem any better by comparison, or seem as if it actually holds water.

Mana wrote:
Even Triert, who made the topic to begin with. I don't speak for the others that participated in it, but it was not my intention to personally attack anyone.

All of you took it upon yourselves to bring that topic crashing down, the pity you all sought afterwards whereas all the ostracizing I was subjected is hilarious. Sure, the three of you were forgiven in the eyes of everyone. Hell, with how much Jmt chuckled over with Sable on the chatbox the day despite the fact that I brought it to him and he seemed unknowing of the issues. Honestly makes me question his credibility.

I'm glad you know what you did was wrong, but all I'm able to pick up without any further explanation from you Mana is the fact that you took this as an opportunity to throw one friend under the bus for another. Assuming you even do consider me one after what your feelings from the topic showed.

For the sake of this argument, and from what I've been able to pick up on the use of the word and how you've used it.

YOU DID in fact make others feel awful due to the fact that you used furry porn to lead the topic in a lock. You used it in a way to invite shock to lead it to it's closing, which would be reason enough for the moderators to lock it up.

Deliberately or not, you did accomplish it indirectly whether or not it had been your intention. But you chose to deny doing so, and as if the fact that none of you have any gripes with the furry community had anything to do with it. Other people were very obviously bothered by it, even the fact that there was a mention of "but the people who did this are furries." Doesn't excuse what happened here.

Mana wrote:

This word was used to describe the event itself, and I'm sorry to say, I do not agree with how it was used.

How can you understand if you spent that entire passage denying any wrong doing?

Please, while I am upset with you I'd rather you merely answer what made you think in these certain ways more so then I am looking to beat the dead horse any further.
Back to top Go down
Vapor
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 457
Sand : 493
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-08-21
Location : hell
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:21 pm

Triert wrote:
Quaint isn't it? The three of you pull off something so outrageous that it results in a triple banning, yet people find the ability to forgive you three.

To be honest I don't think what the three of us did is enough to deserve hatred/lack of forgiveness from the entire community. I get the impression that you're angry that forgiveness does exist towards us, which is fair enough, but I hope that you aren't angry with the people that have forgiven us. They don't deserve any anger.

Triert wrote:

Mana wrote:

Mutual dislike is the best way into my heart, and shenanigans are absolutely up my alley. I was impressed with Skyralie again, and her being temporarily forced to speak with me due to the event gave us the perfect chance to properly work things out between us.

Mana wrote:

So, since my intention wasn't to cause harm, my intention was that I did it to get an almost objectively bad topic deleted because of how much I hated it with a passion.


No matter how many times I have to read over these quotes. It doesn't make this quote seem any better by comparison, or seem as if it actually holds water.

I think you may have mistaken when I said "mutual dislike is the best way into my heart" for it being the same as mutually disliking you. If that's the case, I apologize for how it was phrased. What I meant was mutual dislike for your topic and the direction it went in rather than yourself. Once again, I'm sorry for how I sounded.

Triert wrote:

Mana wrote:

Even Triert, who made the topic to begin with. I don't speak for the others that participated in it, but it was not my intention to personally attack anyone.


All of you took it upon yourselves to bring that topic crashing down, the pity you all sought afterwards whereas all the ostracizing I was subjected is hilarious. Sure, the three of you were forgiven in the eyes of everyone. Hell, with how much Jmt chuckled over with Sable on the chatbox the day despite the fact that I brought it to him and he seemed unknowing of the issues. Honestly makes me question his credibility.

Yes, all three of us knowingly and willingly attempted to bring that topic down. I don't know how much pity Sable and Spencer tried to gain or if they even tried at all, however I don't think I tried to make myself a victim of any of this. I am aware that there's anger against me at the very least, but I don't feel like a victim nor am I trying to make people feel sorry for me. Anger and punishment is what I got, what I deserved, and I accept it as is. I'm not agonizing over any of it, nor trying to manipulate people into thinking that I am. If there are those that pity me, that's from their own willingness to do so. As far as what JmT told me, he did discuss our bannings to Mooncow, and Mooncow is the one that banned us in the end. Even if he found what we did was amusing, it didn't stop him from talking to Mooncow about what happened.

Triert wrote:
I'm glad you know what you did was wrong, but all I'm able to pick up without any further explanation from you Mana is the fact that you took this as an opportunity to throw one friend under the bus for another. Assuming you even do consider me one after what your feelings from the topic showed.

As I've said before, I did not do this to attack you and I'm sorry that it was a major offense. It kinda is hard to say if I really did think of you as a friend even before I did this because recently you were getting on my back about things that I thought were really silly and just plain aggravating. It doesn't mean that I disliked you though, more or less, when you were on my back, I disliked you for that moment but then cooled down to a state of apathy rather than feeling completely friendly towards you again. I'm sorry for that.

Triert wrote:
For the sake of this argument, and from what I've been able to pick up on the use of the word and how you've used it.

YOU DID in fact make others feel awful due to the fact that you used furry porn to lead the topic in a lock. You used it in a way to invite shock to lead it to it's closing, which would be reason enough for the moderators to lock it up.

I'm not denying that what I did made others feel awful. I acknowledge that I did, understand why it would, and once again, I apologize for that. I don't claim to have used it for shock value, to get others angry enough to have mods take action. My reasoning was to break the explicit content rule of CI far enough to get that topic down. Not to be as offensive as possible to have it taken down. What I did was taken maliciously and understandably so, but my reason wasn't to be malicious. Again, I am sorry to everyone that took it offensively.

Triert wrote:
Deliberately or not, you did accomplish it indirectly whether or not it had been your intention. But you chose to deny doing so, and as if the fact that none of you have any gripes with the furry community had anything to do with it. Other people were very obviously bothered by it, even the fact that there was a mention of "but the people who did this are furries." Doesn't excuse what happened here.

After further explaining myself, does it still count that what I did was kinkshaming, indirectly or not? My goal isn't to invalidate anyone's negative feelings towards this, or to make what we did any less bad. What I'm trying to do here is to offer a complete explanation of my actions and reasonings for people to understand my end of this and to know that maliciousness wasn't my intent. From what I understand, calling what we did kinkshaming, implies that we did this to attack people. However though, if the other two that were involved in this, did it to attack someone, then I can agree to call it kinkshaming in their cases. What I don't agree with is being called a kinkshamer when looking at my own individual involvement in this.

Triert wrote:
Mana wrote:


This word was used to describe the event itself, and I'm sorry to say, I do not agree with how it was used.


How can you understand if you spent that entire passage denying any wrong doing?

I'm not denying that what I did was offensive and wrong. I deny being a kinkshamer.

Triert wrote:
Please, while I am upset with you I'd rather you merely answer what made you think in these certain ways more so then I am looking to beat the dead horse any further.

Have I satisfied you now?


_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uravae.tumblr.com/
Asuka Langley Soryu
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 8
Sand : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Triert wrote:


Quaint isn't it? The three of you pull off something so outrageous that it results in a triple banning, yet people find the ability to forgive you three.

Mana wrote:
Mutual dislike is the best way into my heart, and shenanigans are absolutely up my alley. I was impressed with Skyralie again, and her being temporarily forced to speak with me due to the event gave us the perfect chance to properly work things out between us.
Mana wrote:
So, since my intention wasn't to cause harm, my intention was that I did it to get an almost objectively bad topic deleted because of how much I hated it with a passion.

No matter how many times I have to read over these quotes. It doesn't make this quote seem any better by comparison, or seem as if it actually holds water.

Mana wrote:
Even Triert, who made the topic to begin with. I don't speak for the others that participated in it, but it was not my intention to personally attack anyone.

All of you took it upon yourselves to bring that topic crashing down, the pity you all sought afterwards whereas all the ostracizing I was subjected is hilarious. Sure, the three of you were forgiven in the eyes of everyone. Hell, with how much Jmt chuckled over with Sable on the chatbox the day despite the fact that I brought it to him and he seemed unknowing of the issues. Honestly makes me question his credibility.

I'm glad you know what you did was wrong, but all I'm able to pick up without any further explanation from you Mana is the fact that you took this as an opportunity to throw one friend under the bus for another. Assuming you even do consider me one after what your feelings from the topic showed.

For the sake of this argument, and from what I've been able to pick up on the use of the word and how you've used it.

YOU DID in fact make others feel awful due to the fact that you used furry porn to lead the topic in a lock. You used it in a way to invite shock to lead it to it's closing, which would be reason enough for the moderators to lock it up.

Deliberately or not, you did accomplish it indirectly whether or not it had been your intention. But you chose to deny doing so, and as if the fact that none of you have any gripes with the furry community had anything to do with it. Other people were very obviously bothered by it, even the fact that there was a mention of "but the people who did this are furries." Doesn't excuse what happened here.

Mana wrote:

This word was used to describe the event itself, and I'm sorry to say, I do not agree with how it was used.

How can you understand if you spent that entire passage denying any wrong doing?

Please, while I am upset with you I'd rather you merely answer what made you think in these certain ways more so then I am looking to beat the dead horse any further.

 rikuFrown 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skyralie.tumblr.com
Gravelord Neto

avatar

Posts : 206
Sand : 218
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-08-21
Location : Papa Nito Loves You
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:59 pm

sable ily
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookyscarygravelordnito.tumblr.com
Batsy
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 28
Sand : 30
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-11-23
Location : On Wheels
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:56 am

Try to make productive posts outside of the Spam and Shenanigans board, please.   

Guidelines wrote:
Posting incredibly short and irrelevant posts may also be deleted if they add little to nothing to the discussion. This includes posting a carrot sign, or saying “this” after a quote of someone else’s post to signify that you agree or disagree with someone, and nothing else.

This time I'll let the posts stand because the guidelines are new and it isn't like you're flying off the handle, but in the future, please try your best keep this in mind.  It isn't like it's rampant at this point so I'll remain lenient for now.  c:

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonslayer oddish

avatar

Posts : 363
Sand : 376
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-08-21
Location : in ur pants soon enough ;)
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:22 pm

tbh i think that post added a lot to the discussion but uh
oops better make this one productive too uh
*ahem*
I agree with Batty's earlier post, in that this ought to be case closed. There's no good reason to keep discussing this incident.

_________________

Tumblr:  PRAISE THE SUN 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.   

Back to top Go down
 
Regarding the "furry bomb" incident.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -Various Attractions- :: Casual Talk-
Jump to: