HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Fun Allowed is on hiatus!
Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm by CasualCollision
It is uncertain how long this hiatus will last, and what changes will be made once it ends.

Admittedly, the main reason this hiatus is happening is because I'm running out of ideas as to how I can really involve myself.

The other reason is because, well, I hate seeing this place dead. The vast majority of the hiatus will probably be spent doing things entirely unrelated to Fun Allowed. However, I might look into finding a less restrictive host... eventually.

(Edited due to things)

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» the forum theme always pisses me off
Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:59 am by Vapor

» i'm still a gay loser diaper baby wannabe
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 am by CasualCollision

» Chao Island Simulator Rules
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:40 am by Vapor

» oh no the seasonal themes are back
Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm by eboy

» Oh yea btw calaveras caught fire again
Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm by Gravelord Neto

» for the love of fuck will i've been trying to message you on skype
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm by JmTsHaW

» How does this place still exist I'm scared
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:47 am by CasualCollision

» slipknot
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 am by Gravelord Neto

» Ricky's birthday party is cancelled.
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 am by Tulip

Top posters
CasualCollision

Vapor

dragonslayer oddish

Gravelord Neto

eboy

JmTsHaW

Twilde

Enzo03

BriannaBumblebee

Poll
Do you guys want the music player to still be up?
Yes, even though it causes a few problems.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
No. It causes too many problems, and it's not worth having.
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Share | 

Where do you get most of your inspiration from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CasualCollision
Admin

Sand : 636

PostSubject: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:01 am

This is something I personally think about a lot, and I guess I'll make a thread discussing it. Since 2011 or so, I've been especially inspired by many pieces of media and art forms, some of which I feel help keep me moving. I'm wondering if you have had any games, films, songs, or pieces of art that moved you. The ones that come to mind for me are as so:

Spoiler:

(20:20:45) Skyralie: @ TheMayorOfChaopolis: yOYOYOYO WE GOTTA YIFF IN A BIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://funallowed.free-forum-hosting.com
Batsy

Sand : 30

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Anything cabaret, particularly the punk or dark variety. Recently, Amanda Palmer, Emilie Autumn, Evelyn Evelyn, Johnny Hollow, Creature Feature, Humanwine, The Vincent Black Shadow, and Bitter Ruin have been doing it for me. I also find ska always pushes me ahead; lately through Hepcat and Suburban Legends. When I was a teenager, I listened to a pop-punk band named Patent Pending that stuck closer to the 90s revival more so than the emerging emo influence that I could never get into. I discovered their latest album "Brighter" and have been experiencing some nostalgia. This particular song keeps making me think I could change some things, as silly as it is:

Emily Dickinson poetry or some good fantasy or children's lit ala Roald Dahl always gets me feeling magical. With games, more recently the Tales of series have sort of captivated me.

Sand : 55

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't know about emotionally moving, but otherwise still inspiring,

I enjoy Itou Noidji's art in the Unisonshift games, particularly Nanatsuiro Drops because I just really love the coloring and atmosphere in that game
and from the same company, Ryou Mizutsuki (Kiyoko Yamada ?)'s music is really great, as well as her works in other stuff like Rewrite

I REALLY LOVE Idzumi Sakurazawa's art, her coloring is fantastic dang. Some older examples of her art can be found in Pure Pure and Wanko to Lily, with some newer examples out there but I'm too lazy to grab them. She's also done a ton of Soul Eater and Higanbana fanart, with some Madomagi and Dangan Ronpa stuff here and there as well as others.

Including them and some other artists I like they've had a bit of influence on the way I draw

As far as writing goes,
I think my writing is influenced by mostly soft horror and fluffy character-centric slice of life (which might explain Candy Clockwork being the disaster it is)
Roald Dahl is probably my favorite author. I also really need to acquire more of the Disney Fairies books because Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg was great.

Vapor
Co-Owner

Sand : 493

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Most of my creative inspiration comes from anime and videogames. Starting from my youth up until now, the specific things that have sparked my imagination are: Pokemon, Inuyasha, The Legend of Zelda, Spirited Away, Naruto, Eureka 7, Evangelion, Okami, Paprika, Homestuck, Attack on Titan, and Kingdom Hearts.

I'm really taken back by Susumu Hirasawa's music in particular; in general, 8 and 16-bit tracks and a couple of variations of trance and other electronic styles really get to me. Outside of electronic music, some of MCR's and Green Day's stuff hits me.

These same sources of inspiration have also helped me get through tougher times in life; giving me some hope that tomorrow will be a better day, or at least, a better day will eventually come.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uravae.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:26 am

Most of my inspiration comes from music (no particular band or song most of the time), especially if it makes me think of my characters. Occasionally, art that doesn't make me angrily loathe myself will also give me inspiration, particularly if I see something that I like that I want to incorporate into my own art. Rarely, ideas will come from my dreams. One of my stories on hold, They Who Lack a Face, was completely inspired by a dream I had a couple of days before writing it.
Back to top Go down
truxton.

Sand : 14

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:13 am

Music, I guess? I get hit by some relatively bad mood swings at times, and music always seems to be my escape. Hell, even when I'm not depressed I kind of breathe music. My days often times consist of me being in my chair, listening to music, and that's kind of it. I don't even like that good of music. Tegan and Sara, The Format, fun., The Sounds, Jukebox the Ghost, Anathallo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Steel Train, Fall Out Boy, Foster the People, The Smiths, and Wavves. Somewhat recently I started listening to different kinds of music, like cabaret, thanks to Batty. If I had to pick one song, just in general, it'd be The Gambler by fun. Just something about this song inspires me I guess, and I guess it'd be my favorite song, even though it's not that good of a song. It makes me happy, it's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:58 am

Blasphemy wrote:
Most of my inspiration comes from music (no particular band or song most of the time), especially if it makes me think of my characters. Occasionally, art that doesn't make me angrily loathe myself will also give me inspiration, particularly if I see something that I like that I want to incorporate into my own art. Rarely, ideas will come from my dreams. One of my stories on hold, They Who Lack a Face, was completely inspired by a dream I had a couple of days before writing it.
To add to this post, I almost completely forgot video games! Video games are a big inspiration, specifically when I really love a game. A few games that have given me inspiration for one idea or another are Persona 3/Persona 3 Portable and 4, Tales of Series, Bayonetta, Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis and the rest of the Altelier Iris Series and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and Odin Sphere. I would say the Xenosaga series would give me inspiration for sci-fi stuff.
Back to top Go down
dragonslayer oddish

Sand : 376

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:49 pm

i don't get inspired
actually tho, it's often the people around me - social environment affects me in a lot of ways

Tumblr:  PRAISE THE SUN 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aegislash

Sand : 9

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:35 am

dragonslayer oddish wrote:
it's often the people around me - social environment affects me in a lot of ways
^ This this this this. My friends are more often than not my inspiration (both moral and creative), although I do also tend to draw some creative inspiration from some videogames and anime. They include (but are not limited to) Pokémon, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Zelda (particularly ALttP), Angel Beats!, League of Legends, Super Smash Bros., and Dangan Ronpa. For more horror-based ideas, I usually look at Ib, the white chamber, and Yume Nikki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get most of your inspiration from?    

Back to top Go down

Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -Various Attractions- :: Casual Talk-
Jump to: