HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Fun Allowed is on hiatus!
Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm by CasualCollision
It is uncertain how long this hiatus will last, and what changes will be made once it ends.

Admittedly, the main reason this hiatus is happening is because I'm running out of ideas as to how I can really involve myself.

The other reason is because, well, I hate seeing this place dead. The vast majority of the hiatus will probably be spent doing things entirely unrelated to Fun Allowed. However, I might look into finding a less restrictive host... eventually.

(Edited due to things)

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» the forum theme always pisses me off
Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:59 am by Vapor

» i'm still a gay loser diaper baby wannabe
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 am by CasualCollision

» Chao Island Simulator Rules
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:40 am by Vapor

» oh no the seasonal themes are back
Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm by eboy

» Oh yea btw calaveras caught fire again
Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm by Gravelord Neto

» for the love of fuck will i've been trying to message you on skype
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm by JmTsHaW

» How does this place still exist I'm scared
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:47 am by CasualCollision

» slipknot
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 am by Gravelord Neto

» Ricky's birthday party is cancelled.
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 am by Tulip

Top posters
CasualCollision

Vapor

dragonslayer oddish

Gravelord Neto

eboy

JmTsHaW

Twilde

Enzo03

BriannaBumblebee

Poll
Do you guys want the music player to still be up?
Yes, even though it causes a few problems.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
No. It causes too many problems, and it's not worth having.
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

re: "okay but why"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rs

PostSubject: re: "okay but why"   Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:59 pm

i've yet to see exactly the reason for this being. and i am willing to listen, because all i have gathered about this forum is that it's "chao island but also not" and possibly also "i'm mad about not being able to rampage the threads on chao island. angry stomping away"

while i questioned the whole "making an entirely new forum" thing, i took a spiritual journey to the restroom and took an enlightened dump and figured out why a forum format would be preferred over something such as private IMing and/or an IRC channel

though as for the real questions

• what series of events even made this necessary
  • will this be for anything other than "we wanna be like chao island except SUBJECTIVELY BETTER"
  • exactly how does anyone feel about attempting to lead and moderate an entirely new community

speaking out of perspective in my short time being active in a seat of power on a more prominent site like kirby's rainbow resort before it just died altogether
power is really dangerous and i'd like to know if i can trust you guys to judge by the book and with logic rather than being blinded by emotion
i hold no ill regard to the current people in power and i am mostly neutral with them save for THUQ who is still considered a close friend to me and i am willing to join if they do seem to approve of these shenanigans
Back to top Go down
CasualCollision
Admin

Sand : 636

PostSubject: Re: re: "okay but why"   Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Okay, I guess I'll go through this step by step by the reasoning behind Fun Allowed, since this admittedly got me thinking.

When talking about the series of events that lead up to this point, it's somewhat challenging to pinpoint where to start. I could start way back in mid 2010 when people first started to criticize the moderators, or I could start at a bit more recent event, on April fools of this year. On April fools, a good handful of users (including myself) celebrated the day by cracking jokes about the new temporary "spammer" rank and appointed Skyralie (at the time still known as Riku) as the king of spammers (or something like that), being seemingly one of the first people to have gotten the rank. Obviously, the jokes and shenanigans quickly got out of control, and many resorted to actually spamming.

However, hardly anybody seemed actually bothered by the spam. As far as I could personally see, everyone was having fun, and that continued to be the keyword of that evening; fun. Some even stated that they were having more fun dicking around than they had in ages, especially on CI. I, personally, found myself agreeing. Sadly, the staff cleaned up after our mess with little to no evidence that the event had even occurred. In my eyes though, there was no need to clean it up. We weren't necessarily hurting anybody. We were just having fun, though in a disruptive manner, admittedly. Of course, I knew deep down that my arguments didn't justify my actions, and neither did it justify anyone else's. It was Mooncow's site, not mine, nor theirs, and he has every right to enforce whatever rules we wants.

I'm sure a lot of people have questioned why they still go on Chao Island. Many users don't even go there for the Chao talk, but because that's where all their peers and friends are too. With that in mind, it didn't take much to fantasize of what it would be like if I could cherry pick the good parts of Chao Island and build upon it.

Fun Allowed has existed for a few months now, since August 24th, I believe. Since then, I have wondered exactly I want Fun Allowed to be in specifics, or how much I wanted it to be like Chao Island and how much I wanted to differentiate from it. First of all, I don't always want this to be just some dinky safe-haven for people who are fed up with Chao Island for personal reasons, but still want to be a part of a social environment online. I really do want to bring up a new community as time goes by. Bringing along my friends and members of Chao Island was just to start it up.

If it does get to the point where me and the other staff members are looking out for a few dozen users on this website, as big or bigger than Chao Island's community, you have my word that I do not intend to purposefully take advantage of them, nor boost my ego, relishing on my supreme godly admin powers. I say purposefully because I admit that I still fully do not know what temptations and biases that an admin has to deal with when being given a small community to keep in check. You have every right to be skeptical towards a couple of new admins who may or may not be used to making unbiased and fair decisions among others. Some of the moderators on Chao Island did claim that moderating a community is harder than it seems, even though they seldom gave proof or backed up their claims; determined to keep staff activity secret. Part of me wanted to find out for myself if it really is as hard as some of the staff claimed.

I have admittedly given thought of whether it would be okay to ban users that I simply do not like. In fact, some of my friends even encouraged it. However, I have yet to do such a thing, and I don't intend to unless they are truly disruptive and inconsiderate of the humble set of rules I've put in place.

At the end of the day though, perhaps it is feeble to try to attract an audience when the forum is painfully general. We're not attracting fans of anything, not yet anyway. It has been a rather reoccurring discussion of whether we want Fun Allowed to actually be ABOUT something, rather than the community itself. Only time will tell what Fun Allowed will turn into, if it'll turn out to be anything more than a short lived forum.

(20:20:45) Skyralie: @ TheMayorOfChaopolis: yOYOYOYO WE GOTTA YIFF IN A BIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://funallowed.free-forum-hosting.com
THUQ
Hellaspawn
Hellaspawn

Sand : 12

PostSubject: Re: re: "okay but why"   Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:06 pm

@ Vic: I approve these shenanigans, mostly because I have a silly dream of starting a nice community and running a forum. I don't care if this will be considered CI's counterpart, but in reality, right now it is just friends who happened to be friends from CI. Who have come together to make a small community in the mean time.
Moderation and administrating will be something to figure out. I think it'd be a good idea to have applications filled out from the community here to make a pick, in stead of choosing friends to be leaders.
This is a project that is making me happy, and I need those motivational things in my life, so I hopped onto it. As I said, it's really just a small and casual forum right now, but I hope to help expand our forum sometime in the near-future. c:
It's your choice if you want to join in this silliness, and it'd be nice to have another member. Thank you for being honest. u vu)/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vapor
Co-Owner

Sand : 493

PostSubject: Re: re: "okay but why"   Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:29 pm

My own take on FUALL is that it's comparable to CI's non-Sonic and Chao boards except with rules set in place in order for user contentment and enjoyment to be top priority. CI's rules come off as being flawed to a degree especially as of late due to issues involving a great amount of members within its community feeling ill towards a certain user that has shown very unpleasant behavior in very frequent incidents, but due to CI's rules, unpleasant behavior in general is not enough for moderators to take action to restore peace within the community again. Overall, CI's rules don't seem to put the community's happiness as top priority. They seem more like an attempt at keeping users restricted to avoid anarchy without there being much of a concern for how satisfied the community is with how the site itself is ran.

Now then, as a moderator, my goal is to do my best in serving the community and making sure that every member is content by listening to their wishes and complaints as they come and attempt to satisfy their needs and wants. With that in mind, since my intention is to listen to everyone, I won't be listening to only close friends of mine or deny any feedback from users that I may feel ill towards. If I see any user's suggestion as one that can benefit the rest of the community, I will do everything within my power to give that user their wish so it can also be given to the rest of the forum.

That's pretty much all I got to say. Overall, FUALL is more-or-less a general discussion site that aims for community peace and happiness with a staff that's very willing to run it as such for our own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of non-staff members.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uravae.tumblr.com/
Aruesso

Sand : 38

PostSubject: Re: re: "okay but why"   Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:30 pm

i did it. i did the thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aruesso.deviantart.com/
Vapor
Co-Owner

Sand : 493

PostSubject: Re: re: "okay but why"   Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:39 pm